September 1st, 2014
Kitchen need a clean? We've compiled a list of the top ten kitchen cleaning tips we've used and heard over the years.
By placing a wet paper towel in the bottom of your microwave and heating for a few minutes then removing once cool, you can quickly steam-clean your appliance.
2. Pour boiled water into a stained pan, add a couple of tablespoons of baking soda and washing up liquid and leave to soak for a few hours. Stains and grease can be simply wiped off.
3. Limescale building on you kettle? Cut a lemon into chunks and add with water fill your kettle to the top and bring to the boil. Leave overnight then rinse out your appliance and discard the next day of the lemon/water mixture the following day.
4. To de-frost a freezer, simply switch it off and leave the door open-wide with towels or whatever you have to hand to soak up the water that drips out. As the ice melts it will run into the towels or large chunks will be easily broken off. This should be down seasonally, every year.
5. Every now and again you should do a “maintenance wash” cycle on your washing machine by adding a washing powder with a strong bleaching agent combined in it to the maintenance wash cycle with no clothes in. After the wash cycle take out the soap drawer and scrub with a small brush to really get into all the corners.
6. We all now the burner rings on your hob definitely take the heat. Soak in a sink of hot, soapy water to loosen dirt and grease, making them easier to clean.
7. It’s best to create a long-term cleaning schedule of when certain appliances should be cleaned and restored to the original state.
8. Glass cooktops need to be cleaned with the correct cleaning products in order to not damage the glass and induction elements of the hob. Also use a hard plastic scraper to remove stubborn marks and burned-on food.
9. To reduce the appearance of a scratch on stainless steel appliances and worktops, try rubbing the scratch gently with steel wool and spray with a stainless steel polish.
10. Remember to regularly wash your cloths, sponges and towels. You can quickly eradicate germs and bacteria by microwaving them all for a few minutes whilst damp then removing once cooled.
Book your kitchen design appointment
Book your design appointment or schedule a call or virtual appointment now. Our friendly, experienced design experts are waiting to discuss your ideas and bring your dreams to reality.Book now