Planning Your New Kitchen
Buying a new kitchen is a very exciting process. It provides an opportunity to improve your home, increase its sales value, transform your home, if you decide to opt for open-plan living, and create a place for family and friends to socialise and make memories.
It is a big decision and can even be a little bit scary at times, which is why planning ahead is so important. Also, when it comes to finding the right kitchen that works for you, it can be difficult to decide where to buy from, with so much choice out there. You want to make sure you choose the right kitchen for your budget, taste and lifestyle and find a design team that listens to your personal needs and requirements.
We would like to share our top tips where to start when planning your dream kitchen
1. Write down what you like / dislike about your current kitchen
Ask your family members to join the exercise and all write down what you like and dislike about your current kitchen. Are the appliances easy to access? Are cupboards easy or difficult to reach? Are there any wasted space areas, such as hidden corners, that could be utilised better in your new kitchen? What is missing in your current kitchen?
2. How do you want to use your kitchen
Think about the space you want to allocate for your new kitchen and how you are planning to use it in future. The clearer you are about your ideas, the easier it will be to know what is important for your new kitchen to make it work for you and your family.
3. Create a wish list
A wish list is useful to collect all your ideas, favourite items, gadgets you might like, colours and finishes you are considering. This will help the designer when planning your new kitchen. You can create the wish list in a scrapbook style and search for ideas online (Pinterest, Houzz, Instagram) or in kitchen specialist magazines. Mood boards also work well to collect colour ideas for the kitchen that also blend in well with your remaining living spaces.
4. Book a free design consultation at your local in-toto Kitchens Design Studio
Once you have all your ideas together, visit your nearest in-toto studio to find out how your kitchen dream can come true. At in-toto we are passionate about kitchen designs that work for you.
Take advantage of our free design consultations and the opportunity to experience our kitchens and appliances in action, allowing you to learn about features and benefits of our products.
Click here to book your free design appointment.
Share this news:
- Let your kitchen shine
- Siemens StudioLine at in-toto Woking
- State Of The Art Mood Board With WARENDORF by in-toto
- Coffee Morning at WARENDORF by in-toto Weybridge showroom
- in-toto kitchen Premium Industrial Look Mood Board
- An evening of fresh canapes and drinks with in-toto Leicester
- Why do in-toto have soft close hinges as standard?
- AEG LIVE event at in-toto Yeovil
- Bora brunch at in-toto Southport
- Exclusive in-toto Leicester AEG Event Competition